Thursday, October 29, 2009

Christmas Reading Challenge (11/26/09-12/31/09)


The True Book Addict is hosting a Christmas Reading Challenge, starting on Thanksgiving Day (11/26) and going through 12/31. The challenge is to read between 1 and 3 Christmas-themed books during this time period.
*
Being as I've already read 2 Christmas books and it isn't even Halloween yet, I'm definitely going for all 3. I just wish I had saved the 2 books I've already read for this challenge. They were both awesome books that I enjoyed very much, so I am hoping I will be able to find more like them. It's going to be hard waiting until Thanksgiving to read any more of this genre. In fact, I'm not sure I will be able to wait. I'm feeling in need of extra-cozy early this year!
*
The books I've already read were On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts and The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber (almost finished).
*
*
My reading pool for this challenge includes:
*A Wish for Christmas - Thomas Kinkade
*A Christmas Star - Thomas Kinkade
*A Dog Named Christmas - Greg Kincaid
*The Christmas List - Richard Paul Evans
*The Christmas Secret - Donna Van Liere
*White Christmas Pie - Wanda E. Brunstetter
*Plum Pudding Murder - Joanne Fluke
*The Christmas Sweater - Glenn Beck
*A Creed Country Christmas - Linda Lael Miller
*Wolfsbane and Mistletoe - Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, Keri Arthur, & Carrie Vaughn
*Skipping Christmas - John Grisham
*
I guess I need to start reading Christmas books earlier in the next year. By the time Thanksgiving hits, I get so busy preparing for Christmas that it really cuts into my reading time. I did manage to read several before the season got too busy, though I didn't manage to read any from my reading pool!
FINISHED
The Autobiography of Santa Claus - Jeff Guinn 12/25/09
Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) - Barbara Park 12/12/09

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! Hope you enjoy it!