Here are the guideline for the challenge:
1. Between now and December 31, 2009, make a list of between 10 and 20 Books to Read Before You Die. (depending on interest, this may be an annual event challenge).
2. The books on your list can come from your stacks or the library, and be in print or audio format.
3. Once you've created your post with tentative titles, THEN sign up using Mr. Linky, by pasting the link to your post, along with your name/blog name. This is how you will be registered. Finalize your list by 12/31/09 (no changes to the list after 12/31/09).
4. NOTE: If you don't have a blog, you can still sign up and join in the fun.
5. All bloggers who complete the challenge will be entered in giveaway to win an Amazon Gift Card.
6. Questions/comments, please feel free to comment or email me.
My list of 20:
1. Finger Lickin' Fifteen - Janet Evanovich
2. Death of a Trophy Wife - Laura Levine
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
6. The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
7. The Host - Stephenie Meyer
8. Harem - Diane Carey
9. Julie & Julia - Julie Powell
10. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
11. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
12. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - John Berendt
13. A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
14. The Summerhouse - Jude Deveraux
15. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
16. Committed - Elizabeth Gilbert
17. Cleaving - Julie Powell
18. Return to Summerhouse - Jude Deveraux
19. Last Words - George Carlin
20. Under the Dome - Stephen King 3/12/10
Wow! This was harder than I thought it would be to come up with a list. There are hundreds of books I *want* to read, but it is very difficult to narrow down to the really special ones that if I died before getting to read them would really tick me off! LOL In fact, some of these I've put on my list already I think could come back off without bothering me too much. Ahh, decisions, decisions!