J. Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, re-reads all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
I'm really looking forward to this challenge. In the last few years I've been finding that I'm reading more and more YA books. They are really quite enjoyable. Right now I am in the middle of Henry Winkler's Hank Zipzer series and really enjoying it. Last year I read all of Judy Blume's Superfudge series and was really sad when there weren't anymore to read.
I am going to sign up for the "Just my Size" level of 25 books and hope that I can step it up a notch to the "Stepping it Up" level of 50 books. I always have high hopes at the beginning of the year but as reality sets in, I always realize I have over-committed, so I hope I'm not starting too high, and we'll see how it goes. It's always fun to try!
1. Hank Zipzer: Day of the Iguana - Henry Winkler 1/28/10
2. The Princess Diaries - Meg Cabot 2/15/10