Wendy from Caribousmom is hosting the 2010 Chunkster Challenge.
Many thanks to Dana who has hosted this challenge for the past couple of years and has generously handed over the reins to me in 2010. I am keeping most of Dana's rules and definitions...Why? Because why fix something that isn't broken?!??!
Definition of a Chunkster:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.
- If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more ... The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
Once you pick a level, that's it...you're committed to that level!
You must pick a level of participation (thanks again to Dana for the humor in these categories!):
- The Chubby Chunkster - this option is for the reader who has a couple of large tomes on their TBR list, but really doesn't want to commit to much more than that. 3 books is all you need to finish this challenge.
- Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who wants to commit to 4 Chunksters over the next twelve months.
- Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.
Some Other Questions you Might Have:
- To review or not to review, that is the quesion...Reviews are not mandatory, but they are strongly encouraged. I will be putting up a Mr. Linky at the beginning of the challenge for links to your reviews. I will also be posting a Mr. Linky for wrap up posts at the end of the challenge.
- Will there be prizes? Perhaps. I am still thinking on this...but I may consider some bookish giveaways as the challenge progresses! If I were you, I would subscribe to this blog just in case I announce something important.
- Is there anything else we need to know? Um, not that I can think of right now. But, lately I have been into being flexible. And I may decide to add some fun stuff to this blog, or even have a guest poster or two. Check back in occasionally (or subscribe to the feed) just in case!
Oops! I screwed up in preparing for this one! I purchased several HUMONGOUS ebooks for my Kindle to have on hand for this challenge -- Under the Dome, The Pillars of the Earth and the Story of Edgar Sawtelle-- and now I see ebooks won't count. :-(
Oh, well! I'm sure I will fit them in for some other challenge. I'm going to choose level one, the Chubby Chunkster, which is to read 3 books of 450 pages or more.